Selling your house can be quite an experience especially when you have friends at home. Potential buyers might not be too thrilled, about smells, hair and any damage caused by pets. So it’s crucial to take some steps to make your home as appealing and pet friendly as possible.
Here are a few tips for selling a house with pets;
1. Give your home a cleaning.
Pay attention to areas where your pets usually hang out like the floors, carpets and furniture. If needed consider hiring professionals who specialize in cleaning services to ensure everything looks its best.
2. Say goodbye to any lingering odors.
You can use air fresheners, candles or other products specifically designed for eliminating smells. Additionally washing your pets bedding and toys frequently can also help keep things fresh.
3. Take care of any pet related damage around the house promptly.
This may involve repairing floors, torn carpets or damaged furniture pieces. If walls have stains or scratches caused by pets playful nature giving them a coat of paint could work wonders.
4. Bid farewell to pesky hair that might be hanging around your home by using tools,
like vacuum cleaners or lint rollers designed specifically for pet hair removal. Remember that regularly washing bedding and clothes can also help tackle this situation.
5. Consider stowing away some of your pets belongings during houses or showings to create an environment that feels less “pet centric.”
By following these suggestions you’ll increase the chances of attracting buyers without compromising on the happiness of your furry companions.
To make your home pet friendly ensure you have all the supplies, like food and water bowls, toys, litter boxes. It’s also an idea to restrict access to areas of the house where pets aren’t allowed such as bedrooms or bathrooms.
Once your home is ready for showings focus on highlighting its features than emphasizing the presence of pets.
However do disclose that you have pets in the house.
Here are some additional tips for selling a house with pets;
1. Schedule showings when your pets are not at home. You can consider boarding them at a kennel or asking someone to look after them. Alternatively take them for a walk during showings.
2. Have a plan in case your pets are present during a showing. This could involve having someone take them outside or placing them in a room.
3. Be prepared to answer questions about your pets from buyers. They might inquire about their breeds, ages, temperaments and how you care for them.
Selling a house with pets may pose challenges. Its definitely feasible, with preparation.
By adhering to these suggestions you can enhance the likelihood of discovering a buyer who’s ready to disregard the presence of your pets.
selling your house while having pets can be challenging,. It is certainly feasible. By following the mentioned tips you can increase your chances of finding a buyer who’s willing to overlook the fact that you have pets. Remember to clean your home eliminate any odors address any pet related damages remove pet hair and tidy up pet belongings. Additionally consider scheduling showings when your pets are not, at home and have a contingency plan in case they happen to be present during a showing. Be prepared to respond to inquiries, about your pets and their care.